Monday, September 7, 2009

my refuge ... my song



As the painter breathes life to an image on canvas
Does the musician do so on silence?

I feel the melodies
as they wash from my soul
the dust of life

And as the night is filled with music
and the cares that infest the day
are folding their tents like the Arabs
and as silently steal away

And singing along I scare away my woes
for this refuge I have found in song
as I crawl into the space between the notes
and curl my back to loneliness

my mediator to dimensions of spiritual and sensual
Oh sweet poetry of the air
If I were to give my emotion a sound
Could this be how feelings would sound?

If I were to begin life again
I’ll devote it to music
As the unpunished rapture
In my world of song

Welcome to the soundtrack to my life
in the world of my song

No comments:

Post a Comment